Hi Guys! Thanks for stopping by and special thanks to Joyce for hosting the Hodgepodge, week after week after week….. It might feel like that sometimes!
1. What’s your favorite time of day? Why?
I like my morning routine when I don’t have to be up and out the door in a hurry. It’s nice to get up, feed the cats, have a cup of chai, read some blogs and catch up on the on line news. I am a creature of habit.
2. Waffle iron, toaster, coffee maker, mixer, blender…which small appliance would you say most needs replacing in your house?
Our toaster can be cranky, it has been going for a few years now! It’s current decision is uneven toasting. Just a matter of time.
3. It’s National Grouch Day (October 15)…what’s something that makes you feel grouchy?
Hmmm. There are things to be said about me but I don’t think grouchy is one of them. I guess I will say I get grouchy when I am overly hungry. We usually call it “hangry”.
4. Ever been to Canada? Is that a country you’d like to visit? According to Trip Advisor, the top ten best destinations in Canada are-Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Victoria, Calgary, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls, Whistler, and Halifax. Which city would you most like to see?I
I have been to Canada! As a matter of fact I used to live there with my Canadian husband!!
I have been to Toronto and Niagara Falls before, so they are off my list. I think I would say Halifax, because I am a little bit of a Titanic nerd and I hear they have a maritime museum there with quite a bit of information about the unsinkable ship.
Though all of those places sound nice, we would most likely go off list and head right across the pond to Windsor and visit with Honey’s sister Rachel, her husband Kenny, their kids and grandkids. That sounds like fun!!!
5. What was your favorite food (or one of your favorites) when you were a child? Is that still a favorite?
I used to always request spaghetti or homemade macaroni and cheese for my birthday dinner, but they would not be my favorites now. I like them, but there are things I would rather have.
6. Do you cry easily?
Not really, although The Boy did tell me recently that I tear up more than I ever used to. It still wouldn’t be considered easily. The Boy, Honey and Mousey are the softies over here. Honey calls me Hard Hearted Hannah.
7. Have you started your (gasp!) Christmas shopping? If so when, and how much? If not, when will you even begin thinking about it?
I actually do have a couple stocking stuffers purchased and that is unusual for me!!! Honey and I have discussed a couple things. I usually don’t get into Christmas high gear until after Thanksgiving. That’s probably when I get the lists from everyone too.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The Boy and The Dane are coming in from Chicago this afternoon on the Megabus. They will be here for almost a week and I have a GOAL. I would like to get our family Christmas card picture taken, in a fall-ish setting if possible. There are a few details to work out. No one is going to prison if it doesn’t happen. Wish us luck.
Have a good fall day, it’s peaking up here in The Mitten!