The Mitten is cold. Crunchy cold. The thermometer on the back porch says 2 degrees.
Not uncommon for January, but I am telling you anyway.
There is not a lot to talk about today. So how about a list?
1. It would appear that I have scheduled many maintenance appointments this month. Teeth, The Festival of Boob Smash, PT.
2. I started physical therapy for my lower back. My therapist says my hips, pelvis and my feet are not friends. They have issues.
3. Electrical stimulation and heat on my lower back feels good, when it is not feeling zingy.
4. As I suspected, my core has had a meltdown. It is nowhere to be found.
5. Appointments three times a week at all different times is causing me and my ADD great angst. I think I am going to have to nail them down to one time, to relieve the angst.
6. If this therapy actually helps my back, I will be the happiest girl in the whole U.S.A.
7. I don’t actually know that song.
8. We had lunch at a yummy Middle Eastern restaurant yesterday with our family and The Boy’s new Friend. We have decided that it is our new favorite place to eat! And we all agreed ! That never happens!
9. The Boy’s new Friend needs a blob name.
10. I went to the library to check out The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder. As you know, I read it every year, to extinguish any self pity I might feel during our relatively easy by comparison winter. I am always humbled by the Ingalls’ resourcefulness and tenacity. I am also reminded that I would have made the poorest of pioneer.
11. While at the library, I also checked out Fifteen (which I have read many times) and Sister of The Bride (which I have not had the pleasure of reading) by Beverly Cleary. What am I ? A pre-teen?
A couple of weekends ago we had watched Beezus and Ramona, which was quite cute by the way, and they had a little clip of an interview with Beverly. It brought back all of my fond memories of reading her books when I was young. I loved her books so.
12. Thank you all for your very sweet birthday wishes on the blob’s birthday! Here’s to another year, To infinity….. and beyond!
So tell me, what have you been doing? Reading?