Hi Guys! A big thank you to Joyce for rounding us up every week! Head on over to her place to join the party!
1. This week marks the beginning of Lent…will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?
I have never observed Lent. Except for the festival of the jelly filled doughnut.
2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday… tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as ‘pancake day’. How do you like your pancakes? Or don’t you?
I like pancakes but I don’t usually eat them. I would rather waste my carbs on something else. Butter and syrup, I am boring. Mousey said walnuts and bananas please.
3. I’m sure there are many, but what’s one love song you really love?
Here is a good one from Paulie.
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?
I was drawing a blank here so I asked our girls how they know I love them. Mousey said I share my back pills with her and Ab-Cat said I remembered to buy her marshmallows for a recipe she is making tonight to take to their Bible study. There you have it, love is pharmaceuticals and sugar.
5. Roses…red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?
Peonies please. They smell DELICIOUS! The last time I received flowers was on Thanksgiving. My cousin Mike and his girlfriend Nora brought them to dinner. Honey does not buy me flowers at my request. The last time he did, about 25 years ago, they were in a vase on our kitchen table. The cats knocked them over and the water ruined the table. That would not happen with our table now, but flowers are still cat toys.
6. President’s Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours…Monticello (Jefferson’s home), Mount Vernon (Washington’s home), Montpelier (James Madison’s home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt’s home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring? Why?
I am interested in most trivia because i am a fountain of useless information. I have been to Monticello with Mrs. Schmenkman, and Mount Vernon with my family. I would be more than happy to visit the other three on the list. I really liked Monticello, we must have had a really good guide. I felt like I learned a great deal about Thomas Jefferson. I always think it’s interesting to hear about lives from another time period, especially influential lives.
7. Are you good at keeping secrets?
I think I am good at keeping secrets that are not mine to tell. I am not a super secretive person, so I might not have many of my own.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Honey washed my filthy piglet of a car AND cleaned our shower. He said Happy Valentines Day!!! And THAT, my Friends, is how I know HE loves ME!
He is a big old hunk of Honey!!!
Happy Valentine’s Day and have a good week!