Hi Guys! Welcome to the last Wednesday Hodgepodge in February! There is plenty of room over at Joyce’s if you want to join in!
1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean.
I last faced the ocean, or rather the Gulf of Mexico, last November. I had the same thought that I always have when staring into that wide expanse of water, there is someone, very far away, standing at the other shore! And then I end up thinking about all the stuff in the water between here and there. I just noticed Joyce said ONE WORD, ok, SMALL.
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
Well, I hate whining. Then there is that pesky WHINING. And then I also hate W.H.I.N.I.N.G!
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don’t like or what doesn’t fit?
I usually try things on in the store to save myself the bother of returning.The exceptions being if I am pressed for time, or I am trying to match something already at home. I rarely buy anything for my hindquarters without in-store trying on. Length can be a problem.
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day…are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
I am a fan of the little green nut! We mostly we eat them right out of the bag, where someone has already handily taken them out of their shells.
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?
The last time I compromised with someone was over a month ago and I was highly irritated about it. My concession was immediate, but I am still waiting for that person to hold up their end of the bargain. I looked up the word to make sure I was understanding it correctly;
An agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.
Yes, I understood it correctly, but I guess the person I compromised with did not.
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
I have not.
7. We ‘March’ into a new month at the end of this week…what’s something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
On our way to The Ab-Cat’s birthday dinner at Longhorn (which was SCRUMTRULESCENT!!!) on Monday night, Honey, Ab, Mousey and I were having a weather related conversation. Honey has mentioned to his Girls that in all weather conditions, and most especially winter weather conditions, he would prefer the gas tanks in their cars to not go below a quarter of a tank.
The weather people in the Detroit area were already whipping themselves into a frenzy about the coming storm predicted on Tuesday night. As they do. Since we were travelling in Abby’s van, he could see for himself how much gas she had. My tank was almost full. He then asked Mouselina how much gas she had. She answered “a quarter and a half”. This totally confounded Honey. He wanted to know how much was that? Did she mean 3/8th of a tank? We Girls just looked at each other, confounded by Honey’s confusion! Mousey explained, “a quarter plus half of a quarter tank”. We totally got that.
3/8th of a tank?? What do you think we are? Mathematicians?
Have a good week. Or a math-FREE week. Same thing.