Thanks for stopping by! Special thanks and a big Happy Birthday to our hostess with the most-ess, Joyce! Head on over to her blob and join the Hodgepodgers, it’s a fun group!
1. When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?
The last birthday we celebrated around here was Miss Mousey’s last month. I guess I was last sang to a year ago today! It doesn’t bother me if it is my family, but I do NOT like to be the center of attention somewhere else. It gives me hives. And I could possibly throw up.
2. Name a famous or ‘infamous’ person (living or deceased) who shares your birth day and month. Is that someone you’d like to meet in person if it were possible?
I share a birthday with our fearless leader from Wednesday Hodgepodge, Happy Birthday Joyce!!!!!!! I think I would very much like to meet her, we seem to have some things in common!
3. Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow…what are you hoping to find inside?
I like things that people have made, especially if they are clever or useful. Something personal or a yummy treat!
I did just tell Honey today that I would like a little point and shoot camera to carry in my purse.
4. What can you guarantee about yourself?
I couldn’t think of an answer to this one so I took it to my family. Two of them said they could guarantee that I would ask them if they washed their hands, and the other could guarantee that I would have dessert after dinner! Thanks Guys!
I guess I will say that I can guarantee that I will never want to be in charge, do anything from a stage or jump out of a plane. Oh, and I guarantee that every time I leave Sam’s Club and walk through the tire department I will say “I hate that smell”.
5. Talking art and beautiful cities here…’The Last Supper’ in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan Italy or ‘The Mona Lisa’ in The Louvre, Paris…which would you most like to see up close and in person? Why?
I would choose The Last Supper for no other reason than Honey and I would like to go to Italy, land of his Mother’s People.
6. Your favorite dessert?
This question is WAY too hard! Favorite?? That is like being asked to choose your favorite child! I like to say that I am an equal opportunity dessert eater. I like my Aunt Phyllis’ pies, The Ab-Cat’s brownies, Mrs. Davis’ coconut pound cake, Outback’s Chocolate Thunder from Down Under. The very small tip of a titanic iceberg!
7. This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the Northern hemisphere)…what is something you do to get ready for fall? What is one thing you’re looking forward to on your fall calendar? Spring or fall-which do you prefer?
There are lots of things I do to get ready for fall. Outside, I cut back all of the hosta, day lilies and grasses and pull all of the flowers and plants out of the pots and ground. Honey closes the pool and covers the pool pump and air conditioners with tarps. Inside, I put out a few fall decorations and switch my closet from summer to winter. I also wash the down alternative throws because I KNOW we are going to need them soon!
I like spring but I really love fall, I always have. Love the colors, love the cooler weather, makes me want to watch You’ve Got Mail”.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
One of my favorite lines from the above mentioned movie.
Joe Fox: Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms.
How cute is that?
Have a lovely fall day!