I have a Friday list for today, at least Capri Laurie will be a happy girl!
My thoughts, in no particular order, which is good for me. It’s how my brain works. Unless it is not working.
1. Which reminds me, I had a very nice phone conversation with Girl Cousin Kay yesterday. At some point during the call, I am pretty sure I said I would email her something. Unfortunately, I have no idea what it was. I will now need to contact her and ask what I was supposed to do. Of course, there is always the possibility she will not remember what it was either. She is my older Girl Cousin.
2. I did remember the important part of the call, we are going to get together for lunch the week after Thanksgiving.
3. Speaking of lunch, Capri Deb and I finally got together yesterday! You would think it had been months with the many hugs we exchanged. After BSF, we had lunch at Panera and then proceeded to take a quick trip around the Valuable World. Her pin production company is in HIGH gear for the holidays and she was looking for some different sorts of raw materials. She found an interesting stripped shirt to felt, a sweater for herself and the bonus prize of a new Christmas tree!! She had been wanting a new one and she is fairly certain this one will meet all of her holiday tree needs, for around $30 something dollars! Help me out with the correct amount here Deb.
4. I was also on a mission, for The Ab-Cat. She was attending a Christmas party for her Bible study group. They were having an ugly Christmas sweater contest/white elephant gift exchange.
That was my assignment. Most of the sweaters were the usual fare, but I found 2 that I felt were worthy. One had Santa and his reindeer doing the can can along the bottom, and then there was this sparkling beauty. I believe we have our winner.
It’s the furry dog that puts it over the top. The ornaments on the tree swing too.
But really, it’s ALL about the dog.
5. Deb and I also scored a present for Capri Patt. This would be a nice place to show it to you, because I did actually remember to take a picture, but the chip just downloaded over 700 pictures and the ones I want are NOWHERE to be seen. Technology, why you do me like that? Wouldn’t it make sense if they were the last pictures taken, they would be at the end? I ask too much of this world.
ANYHOW, we found Patt a pre-lit, cluster of 3 palm trees for her tiki bar down in Floridy! Oh, it is just perfectly darling. Envision it in your mind, because it is clearly not appearing here.
6. I saw snow flying yesterday. I had heard there were flurry sightings last week, but I had been in the basement working. Therefore, my first official winter occurrence was yesterday, in The Value World parking lot. It has also become cold. It doesn’t look good, winter could be here.
7. We are having CareGroup here tonight for the first time since….before we left for vacation! I am looking forward to seeing everyone!
8. BUT, I have much work to accomplish before I can comfortably welcome anyone into the house. The house is a mess of huge proportions, I have much work to do before I rest.
9. That segue ways nicely into something I had noticed. I really missed our restful bed on vacation. I have slept like a little kitty cat since our return. I love our memory foam topper. And I should marry the memory foam pillow.
10. And speaking of pillows. If I don’t stop having treats, I am going to have a pillow around my waist.
Have a fantabulous Friday!