This and That

I seem to be in a listy sort of mood these days. It’s a good way to share the  little things flying around my brain. Welcome to my mind.

1. Honey and I went out for lunch on Saturday at Chip and Dip, then headed on over to the Target for a little Christmas shopping. We are probably 80% finished now. The other 20% needed are for Goomba and The Boy, who may or may not need hundreds of little things to take to college in CHICAGO!

2. I heard two funny things this weekend. First up, Honey chose a rap name for himself, it’s a doozy. White Chocolate Mo Fo D is in the building.  I overheard a conversation in the parking lot at Red Robin yesterday between a father and his 7-8 year old son that went something like this; “Talk louder, and don’t use your squirrel voice”  Oh, I remember those days!

3. Mousey says granola makes the texture of yogurt bearable. I concur.

4. She also missed the bus this morning.

5. Mousey needed to go downtown to the Detroit Institute of Art for a school assignment. Or just for the sake of art. The Boy took her and friends The Subject and MalPal, because as you know, I do not enjoy art and have no culture. Here are some pictures for you to view.

A very naked man was pointing at MalPal. She seems flattered. I need to speak with her about that.

006

The Subject perusing his subject. Looks serious.

007

The Boy in The Hall of Wimmin’.

010

Mousey with her new headless, armless, friend.

013

The DIA had a purty ceiling.

014

Listen, oooh ah oooh, do you want to know a secret, ooooh ah oooh? There is my culture popping up, The Beatles.

017

Loverly stained glass window.

018

I call this Pet The Shiny Burro. MalPal looks frightened.

025

Their choice for favorite.

028

My choice for favorite art. They made it with their gum wrappers and left it on their cafeteria table.

023

Have a swell Monday!

Advertisements

8 Comments

  1. deb said,

    December 12, 2011 at 8:50 AM

    Next time, I want to go to the DIA with your people, they are so funny! Love the photos, and your commentary! Honey’s name is way too long, how about simply WC…

  2. caprilis said,

    December 12, 2011 at 9:29 AM

    No C.D. …
    There is no fla-vah in plain old W.C.

    • Capri K said,

      December 12, 2011 at 11:26 AM

      That’s right! And you should just HEAR how he says it!

  3. Laurie said,

    December 12, 2011 at 10:03 AM

    I’m with Deb — school assignments should always be that fun.
    My question”: WHY does Honey need a rap name??

    • Capri K said,

      December 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM

      Because he was rapping. He shouldn’t quit his day job though.

  4. Cindy Stratton said,

    December 12, 2011 at 10:06 AM

    I love the Art Institute! I was always intrigued by the Dutchmasters – but I love artsyfartsy stuff.

  5. warren said,

    December 12, 2011 at 3:57 PM

    We always said the opposite about my son…he never had a squirrel voice. We always asked if he learned to whisper in a saw mill!

  6. Marlene said,

    December 12, 2011 at 4:23 PM

    Most excellent blog….you do have a way!!!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: