Hi Guys! Welcome to the second Wednesday Hodgepodge of 2013! Jump over to Joyce’s From This Side of the Pond to link up and join us!
1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
This is a wish right? My hair/craft room could use a lot of attention. It needs a complete overhaul. In both organization and functionality. I am surprised functionality is a real word! I have thought about what I would like to do down there, but I have no plans to do it. It would require a lot of Honey’s time to go through some of his stuff and actually do the renovation. Maybe when he retires. In five years. Only 5 years never seems to get any closer.
2. What’s the worst uniform you’ve ever had to wear for a job?
When I worked at Burger King in 11 the grade. Brown polyester pants with a gold, brown and orange top is probably not anyone’s friend.
I can’t think of anything to say except most meals I make by myself are ‘mishaps’.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people’s negativity?
I mostly don’t participate. Some people thrive in an atmosphere of drama, and they feed off each other. I have found that not engaging them really takes the wind out of their sails. Don’t ask questions, don’t encourage them to continue, change the subject at the earliest opportunity.
Now I am not saying that my friends and I never have a negative complaint, but there is a difference in friends privately venting to each other and others ragging all over Facebook, or just spewing to everyone they come into contact with.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
I would say that my brother Beeve and I most resemble our Father. He has very strong genes in his family. A lot of us look related.
Here he is with The Boy around Thanksgiving.
Our children have changed over the years. No one ever said that The Ab-Cat resembled me until she was in her teens. Now she hears it all the time, much to her dismay.
Everyone has always said that The Boy was always the spitting image of Honey, but we don’t hear it that often anymore. When he was born I said he had Honey’s Mother’s nose and he still does!
I always said Ab and The Boy were two peas in a pod and Mousey was a bean. She has never taken after me or Honey exactly. She has always looked more like his sister Rachel! Something about their mouth and chin.
As they get older I certainly see more of us in them. Abby has my Mother’s nose and my height, Mousey has her Daddy’s ears and his family’s lack of height, The Boy has his Dad’s hair and my family’s height, they all have my big teeth! I think they are a good mix. But all in all, they are themselves.
I don’t like baths. Just too hot for me.
7. Some of the ‘world’s best winter festivals‘ are – Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnivale (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
A neighboring town has a pretty nifty ice festival and I haven’t been in years so I am not sure I would want to travel real far to see another one. But I would like to go and visit Venice, Italy, where Honey’s Mother’s People are from, so I will say there.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Have a good week and let’s try and stay away from all of those negative people, shall we? Do not receive their…..lack of positivity. That’s a word too??!!!