Hello my People, I have missed you! It was one of those weeks that just got away from me and before I knew it, it was over.
How about a random list?
1. Over Christmas break I was browsing for some new blobs to peruse. I started with the word thrifting, which spell check is red lining, but back off spell check, it is too a word! A lot of those blogs were fashion related and very nice, but I am not a size 2 and looking to put together funky outfits anymore, so the search morphed into shopping at thrift stores for other things, and then finally settled on reusing furniture and home projects. Sort of the trajectory I have taken in my real life over the years. These two were the ones I liked best.
I have no plans to actually DO anything, but I like to see what they have done!
2. My Aunt Phyllis’ sister Georgia passed away last week and her funeral was on Tuesday. I have head Phyllis mention Georgia pretty much my whole life, but I did not know her. They had friends and family stand and say things that they loved about her, and one special friend shared that Georgia’s strength, joy and peace came from her relationship with Jesus Christ, because that is what Georgia wanted him to share most.
I think one of the signs of a good funeral is when people share about their loved one’s life in such a way that you wished that you had known them. I felt that way about Georgia. She seemed like a lovely lady.
3. The Boy’s friend Elyk came to get his hair cut yesterday and stayed for dinner. While waiting to eat, Honey introduced us to the new game he had just made up with his beloved, dollar store, back scratcher.
You hold the scratcher at the bottom, much lower than this but I couldn’t fit it all in the picture. Then you release it and grasp it again just before you go over the curved end, which for the sake of the game, we had to pretend were razor sharp claws, tipped with acid.
First with your eyes open, then with your eyes closed. Honey, The Ab-Cat, Elyk and I were the contestants. Some were conservative and grasped too soon, thus preserving their limb. Some lost thumbs to the razor sharp, acid tipped claws. Some might have lost fingers too.
He will be marketing his game with Milton Bradley as soon as he comes up with a name for it.
4. When my Dad and I were driving to the funeral on Tuesday, I mentioned that on Saturday the Girls and I were heading down to Detroit to tutor. I guess I had never mentioned this venture to him before and he required some information. I told him that we met at Such and Such church on Woodward Ave. He said that was where he went to high school!!!!! How strange is that!!!??
5. Then last night he called to tell me about his new violin teacher. He said he did an internet search and found one in the town we live in. I said that sounded good to me and he should make his appointment at a time when he could come over for dinner after. He chose a teacher and finally spoke to her last night on the phone. In their conversation she mentioned her church and he asked her where she attended. She said she goes to the church we attend! My Dad said his daughter and her family go to THAT church! She asked what our name was, he told her, and she said Ab-Cat, The Boy and Mousey????? She has worked in the youth group for many years and we know her!!!
It’s a small world, especially if you know my Dad!
What have you been up to?
Any ideas on a name for the Friday Post?