Short for Friday’s List? Yes, No? Discuss.
I don’t know how your weather has been but it has been COLD up here in The Mitten. It is 10 this morning, which is better than 1, but not exactly balmy. We did have sunshine yesterday, which was pleasant I must say. Said just like Ed Grimley.
“I must say”.
It’s Friday, therefore it must be list day.
1. Look what Honey found on Craig’s List!
A king sized bed frame! We need to purchase a mattress, and we should probably have some new carpeting installed before we assemble it so we don’t have to move it twice. In the meantime it is residing in our garage. One of the perks of this bed frame, besides being a KING, is it goes nicely with our existing furniture. We aren’t ready to replace that at the moment. So it’s a win, win!
2. I made a startling discovery Wednesday when I had my eyes open during prayer at BSF leaders meeting. The last name on my nametag, that I have been wearing since SEPTEMBER, was spelled wrong. I mentioned it to Jip the Farm Dog (who made me the nametag) the next day and I said I don’t know which one of us is more pathetic, me for putting it on and wearing it and never noticing it for 4 months, or her for looking at me wearing it for 4 months and not noticing it. It’s a tie.
3. I had a loverly, L.O.N.G. lunch with Capri Deb yesterday after BSF. It had been well over a month since we had a face to face chat and there was much to discuss. She has very exciting things going on in her family! We then marveled at how our lesson in Genesis spoke volumes to us both in our completely different situations! God is so…..applicable. And personal. Then we had to comiserate about concerns and solve some of the worlds problems while enjoying some yummy Arabic food. You know, the usual.
We then headed over to the friendly neighborhood Homegoods so she could pick up some flavored sweetener for her coffee and tea. They had some good sugar free sweeteners, and I found a lone bottle of chai! Score!!!!
4. Mousey and I have a date to meet up with another mom and daughter from our church on Saturday afternoon, to use up the last 50% off entire purchase coo-pin at The Value Word. We are going to the Ann Arbor location, which is especially popular with Mouse-Ann for some reason. She says she just has good luck there. My luck at thrift stores has no rhyme or reason. But I do find if I actually have a 50% off coo-pin, my luck is usually less. Deep thoughts to ponder.
5. I invited The Ab-Cat to join us, still riding high on her surprise decision to join us on the New Years Day trip to the Salvation Army. She flatly declined. Clearly, she has limits. It remains to be seen if the limit is once a month, or once a year.
6. Honey has said he might join us.
7. I hope he does, because travelling to the Ann Arbor location involves not one but TWO roundabouts. And you all know how I feel about them.
8. Whoever invented the roundabout SHOULD DIE. Just in case you didn’t know how I feel about them. Now you do.
9. I have been up since 3:45.
10. A magical time to be sure. I do it often for a reason known only to my internal clock.
What have you been up to? Or will you be up to?
Besides trying to stay warm.
Have a good weekend!