Hi Guys! It feels like I have been gone from The Hodgepodge a lot longer than two weeks!! I was in the midst of a Hectic, but I am glad to be back! Thanks, as always, to Joyce for hosting this little gathering every week!
1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49’s in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
Is it that time of year again? Already? I am sure Honey will watch the game. I may pay attention to some of the commercials, but I do not typically watch the game. I am sportally challenged, but mainly it’s because Cheryl, CHERYL, I.DO.NOT.CARE!
2. Share something you’re a fan of these days?
I am a fan of many things. A fan of Downton Abbey, tea, my iPad, the warm fireplace, the bun warmers in my car Juanita, down alternative throws, my Eddie Bauer fleece jacket, reading, Abby’s chocolate chip bars, not cooking, and my new tutee from Detroit 🙂
3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I’m talking the edible appetizer kind. What’s your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?
I am sad to say that I do not like wings, in other words, I am not a fan. Only Honey and The Boy partake, and they would probably say buffalo and hot and spicy.
4. As long as we’re talking sports today…have you followed the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?
I saw bits and pieces of it and heard quite a bit of people dissecting what he said on other shows. What struck me the most is what a waste his whole career has been. What has he to show for all of his effort and hard work? Absolutely nothing. He is the winner of nothing. Even if he did win something without using the drugs, no one will believe he was clean. He has abused those who told the truth about him. He has lied to everyone he has ever come into contact with concerning his sport. What kind of legacy has he left as a son, a husband, a father. a friend, a teammate, or a co-worker? What his lack of integrity has cost him can probably not even be measured. He has caused his own downfall. Well, he caused it years ago, it is just coming out now. What a waste.
He is a cancer survivor though, you can’t strip him of that title.
5. What’s a question you hate to be asked?
Evidently about sports, I don’t seem to have very good answers this week!
6. The coaches in this Sunday’s big game happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er’s and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you’re an only child how did you handle competition growing up?
Since I only have one brother and we are 4 years apart, I would not say we were ever competitive. Neither one of us is competitive by nature anyway.
7. What’s your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?
I am going to say baseball because that is really the only sort of game that I watch (except the Olympics), and only when The Tigers are doing really well, so it’s not a regular thing. I have no idea when I last played, so I will say decades ago.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
There are chocolate chip bars on our counter. I am trying my darndest to ignore them. Sometimes my darndest is not enough.